The Moons, Slade and The Lovin' Spoonful

More from The Moons. This cover of The Lovin' Spoonful's Darling Be Home Soon apparently started as a home recording. The result is here and impressive it is, in my book, complete with a video of the Andy Warhol screen test, featuring the wonderful Edie Sedgwick.

  

I have to confess that my introduction to this tune was not with the original, but the version that Slade released on Slade Alive. Both covers nail it in my view.

 

 And it wouldn't seem right to leave without the original.

 

1 comment:

  1. The Moons version is brilliant. Close to the original but seems so fresh aswell. I read on the moons facebook that this is the bedroom demo that Andy Crofts did. They didnt do a studio version.

    The Moons are top
    FACT

    Rene

    ReplyDelete