The Hobbes Fanclub

It's been a while since my interest has been whetted by a band playing classic indie-pop. That was, until I discovered The Hobbes Fanclub, who I found by chance on a random surf of of the world wide web.

The band hail from Bradford and their website says they are made up of Leon on guitar and vocals, Louise on bass and vocals and Adam on drums. They describe their influences as Ride, Phil Spector, The Jesus And Mary Chain and Teenage Fanclub.    They also remind me a little of Belle And Sebastian and The Wedding Present.

I love the exuberance of their tunes, the passion, the wistful feel of the vocals. Like the memory of eating candy floss on a beach, with the wind in your hair, and the sound of a guitar in the distance. Find out more about them at their Facebook page.  Who says the internet is killing music.

This is The Boy From Outer Space.

 

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, you have a wonderful blog going on here - It is a really great read. I am thoroughlly enjoying it!

    Nice to meet you by the way - My name is Jessica and I too am a big fan of most of the things you seem to be a fan of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Jessica. Much appreciated. It's good to know that someone is reading what you'e writing and connects with the ideas you have. I've got a short story blog as well which I'm updating at present. I'll let you know when I have done so.

    I've had a look at your blog. Looks very interesting. Best wishes with the acting.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete